If you didn’t know already, I’m kind of obsessed with trying new make up. Here are my favorite picks of 2015!
Unfortunately I didn’t include any swatches, BUT I did include links to all the products! Enjoy 🙂
Disclaimer: Some of the makeup look dirty.. BECAUSE THEY ARE WELL LOVED obviously
- Lipstick Case
- Courtesy of my cousin’s bridal shower. I’m pretty sure she bought them from chinatown. I think it’s a bit old school to carry one around (mostly because my grandma’s been doing it for years lol) , but it’s super convenient for applying lipstick on the go! (highly recommend)
- MAC – Stone
- A beautiful dark matte, muted grey color whenever I want a dark, but different look.
- NYX – Thalia
- This lipstick is by far my favorite of the three. It is the ‘my lips but better’ color. It’s a beautiful mauve-ish, rose pink. I own 5 of this shade because I love it so much.
- MAC – Whirl
- Whirl is a matte dirty rose color, and it practically looks good on all skin tones. Most of my housemates actually love this color too! It’s my go to ‘wanna look super natural without trying, but still look fancy without wearing a super bright lip’ color. I believe this is also Kylie Jenner’s go to for her signature lip look.
Eyes & Brows
- Benefit Push Up Liner (Not Pictured)
- Well, it’s not pictured because I used it all. LOL. Not gonna lie, this product takes some getting used to in terms of application. Also, it requires a really good eye make up remover to take off (I use Sonia Kashuk’s Eye Makeup remover). It sometimes takes a lot of patience to use.. mostly because sometimes the product gets stuck, or there is too much already out of the cap. HOWEVER, the finish is so far my favorite of all my eyeliners. It is opaque, dark matte. It is absolutely perfect for winged liner. I find that any glossy eyeliner makes my eyes look a bit weird. The Matte black of this one really makes the eyes pop.
- Thick Wispy Lashes (Amazon)
- If you know me personally, you would know I put fake eyelashes on almost everyday. I absolutely LOVE these false eyelashes. These, by far, are the best cheap lashes I have found. I think the price ranges around $2 for a pair of 5. My natural eyelashes are the typical asian type: straight, short, sparse. These lashes are THE BEST. I ordered about 7 of these on amazon the other day. I think one pair can last you about 2 weeks if you take care of them. I highly suggest you take them off in the shower, so the steam helps loosen the glue you use. These are my holy grail lash now. Trust me, I’ve tried at least 7 different brands of lashes. These by far are the best. The seller ships pretty fast, usually before the estimated time of arrival. Cons: These lashes sometimes have different bands, some thicker than others, but I never found them as an issue. Also, you will need to trim part of the ends off, where there is an excess of the band.
- Revlon Lash Adhesive
- OH MY GOD. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE. As a girl who wears fake lashes as much as I do, I am so upset I didn’t know about this earlier. This glue is so magical. My lashes will stay on 12+ hours, even if I cry, or put in eyedrops. It is latex-free, and is so amazing. Highly recommend.
- Maybelline – The Falsies Push Up Drama Waterproof – Very Black
- I fell in love with Maybelline’s original The Falsies Mascara, so I was easily drawn to this when it came out this year. You’re probably wondering, “Asia, why the hell do you need mascara if you wear fake lashes?” WELL, I use it for my bottom lashes. I find it balances the volume of the top lashes really well. This mascara gives my lashes the perfect volume and length. To be honest, I am not too sure how well this mascara works for top lashes, but for a bottom lash mascara, it is top notch.
- Urban Decay Naked 3
- I actually got this as a gift from my ex-boyfriend (lol TY Jerick if you’re reading this). I have been coveting this palette since last spring when I borrowed it from one of my friends. My most used colors are Nooner and Factory. If you can’t tell already, I absolutely love rose shades. Eyeshadow is no exception.
- Anastasia Brow Duality
- The perfect product to get that ‘on-fleek’ brow look. This is basically the push-up bra for your eyebrows. It is long wearing and is super blendable.
- Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil
- I usually use the brow wiz, but honestly wtf Anastasia. There is like no product in the brow wiz at all. I love the Brow Pencil because it lasts ALOT longer than its sibling, the brow wiz. I use both in the color caramel. I think its a given that any brow product from Anastasia guaranteed amazing.
Face & Cheeks
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water SPF 30
- If you loved the original BB Cream, you will most likely love this. It’s the perfect way to give your skin a perfect pick me up on a lazy day, and the added SPF will protect your skin from the sun! It has a dewey finish, so if you don’t like that, then this probably isn’t the product for you. I think its made for dry to normal skin types
- Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
- My eye bags are HEAVY. Sometimes I look like a walking corpse, but when I use this, I look more alive. It gives my under eyes the extra luminescence it needs to reflect light, making my eyes look instantly brighter.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
- If you are looking for a decent concealer, look no further. It covers my dark circles so well. And let me tell you, my eye bags ARE HEAVY (thanks college). There’s a lot of product that will last you much longer than the NARS Radiant Concealer, but I would say this one is similar to that, except with a mixture of the Smashbox CC concealer.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- This easily became my favorite last year (or two years ago???) It goes on smooth, thick, and gets the job done. My only problem with this concealer is that it runs out of product really fast, so I don’t really recommend it for everyday, if that is what you are using it for.
- MAC Powder Blush – Mocha
- I actually took this blush from my mom lol. It is the perfect everyday blush color if you are looking a bit dead from lack of sleep (thanks again, college)
Thanks for reading!! If you have any product suggestions, or what you want to see next on my blog, comment below!